Welcome to my doll blog!
Yes, I'm a 40 year old woman that plays with dolls! LOL At least if you with "play" mean things like collect, customize, sew clothes for, takes photos of etc. I don't actually PLAY with them (well, if I did I would never admit it openly in a blog would I? LOL)
Anyway, the dolls that I "play" with are (Asian) Ball Jointed Dolls, made out of resin (hence the name of the blog) and they (and the clothes I make for them) will be the main focus of this blog. But I'm also thinking about fixing up the dollhouse I made in the 90's that's been packed away for 10 years or so now. (It's out of the box now but it still needs some fixing and repairing) Even if those dolls aren't made of resin I still think they fit in to this theme.
BTW, before you consider me completely crazy (I'm NOT, I'm only about 75% crazy LOL) I don't REALLY consider these dolls alive (again, if I did, I would never admit it in a blog. LOL) but creating characters for the dolls and often talking about them as if they have a will and a mind of their own is a part of the BJD hobby. For me, involving my fantasy, looking at my dolls as individuals with a mind and taste own their own enhances the experience and sparks my imagination and creativity when I try to create things that will fit a particular doll's style and taste. It's just more fun this way! LOL
This blog will be mostly directed towards other doll people (after all they will be the ones mostly interested in it) so I will probably not go in to detail explaining things in the hobby (if I can silence my inner educationist, that is LOL). If you're new to BJDs and have questions you're VERY welcome to ask though.
I plan to introduce both of my girls properly later on and I will also repost most of the old photos I've showed on various forums. This might take sometime though since they're too big to fit in the blog and need a bit of resizing.
I don't know yet how often this blog will be updated. I'm not aiming for "daily updates" because I rather post when I have something to say (on the other hand I can be quite chatty from time to time LOL). The easiest way to keep track of when I update is to add yourself as a "Follower".
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Love your checkered fabric! I also agree about fabric shops dwindling. I thought more people were sewing not less but fabric shops seem to be turning into craft shops instead. So there is very little fabric and even less trim. I remember going with my mom as a child and being able to spend *hours* looking at trim, buttons and lace.
Thanks!
Here the fabric shops don't sell other craft stuff, they've starting to se things like furniture, lamps, knickknacks and soap. LOL It's all nice stuff but it's got nothing to do with sewing.
BTW, if you use the "name/URL" option you will have the opportunity to fill in your name even if you don't have a Blogger or Google account. (You don't have to fill in an URL) Now I don't know who you are and I'm cuuurious! LOL
Post a Comment