Monday, August 3, 2009

Puki styling

Poor Pytte, her wig is giving both her and me a lot of troubles. Regular mohair wigs (like Isa's) are easy to take care of. If the wig loses it's curls or gets poufy and frizzy, all I have to do is wet it a bit and it will regain the curls and look brand "new" again. But Pytte's wig gets frizzy, messy and loose the curls quite fast and just wetting it will not help at all To get her wig to look good I will actually have to style it. I can either wet it and braid it to get wavy hair or wet it and roll it around hair pins to get corkscrews (the later is VERY time consuming work though, so I mostly braid it)



Before, or rather "in the beginning" since I've started already



Wet and braided



She's cute even in wet braids! LOL


The "after" photo will come a lot later though since the hair has to dry completely first. And I'm even thinking about not "un-braiding" it until it's time to take the photos for the sock contest, to make sure that she looks as good as possible.

BTW, have you seen what Isa is wearing in the background in the third photo? Yes!!! The dress is finished!!! This is all you'll get to see right now though since it's in the middle of the night in Sweden. Pytte looks quite good in flash photos but Isa REALLY doesn't so I'll have to wait for sunlight.

I would like to make matching jewelry for her as well but that will have to wait until after the sock outfit is finished.

2 comments:

Dustbunnie said...

You're right about Pytte looking cute even in wet braids. She's such a sweetie.

I'm very much looking forward to see the dress. :o)

Annefia said...

She's so easy to take photos of because she'salwasy cute. *love*

I hope I'll get good photo weather tonmorrow. We've got thick fog right now.